The ODIN PASS app relies on real-time data provided through the TransLink data feed. Occasionally there may be delays in the data being provided, or errors.
Let's take an example:
- You are waiting for the 66 bus at UQ Lakes.
- A 66 bus arrives and you book your ticket.
- After getting on the bus you realise the ODIN PASS app thinks you are on another 66 bus.
- Not to worry! You ODIN PASS ticket is valid for any service travelling in the same direction, towards your destination.
- You can try to dynamically update your trip to the correct service by finding it in the Mode-by-Mode screen (see below for iOS).
- If you are still insure, and want to book a new ticket, that is fine as well. You may need to do a new search on your phone, and change the departing time back by 10-15 minutes so that the correct services shows. You can then rebook a new ticket to get updated information.
- The ODIN PASS backend is able to reconcile the different tickets that you have booked, to see which is the correct trip you have taken, so it is okay to book a second ticket if you are unsure - as long as you use the same from location/station (starting point).
The approach above could also be applied to a situation where you get on another bus travelling in the same direction, for example:
- You are waiting for the 379 bus at Adelaide STreet
- A 381 bus arrives, you know it is travelling in the direction you need to go, and you decide to get on the bus.
- Since your ODIN PASS ticket is valid for any service travelling in the same direction, towards your destination, this is perfectly acceptable.
- Unfortunately the information shown on your app will still show directions for the 379.
- If you have the iOS app, you can try to dynamically update your trip to the correct service by finding it in the Mode-by-Mode screen (as shown above). This feature is currently being worked on for Android users.
- If you want to get the information for the correct service, whether on iOS or android, you will need to do a new trip search and book a new ticket. You may need to change the departing time back by 10-15 minutes so that the correct services shows. You can then rebook a new ticket to get updated information.
If you have any further questions about this, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org