ODIN PASS and Beam have worked closely to bring our users a seamless sign-up experience. In addition to unlimited public transport, we are now offering unlimited Beam in our bundles (up to 120 minutes per day) which cover both electric scooters and electric bikes. Our Starter plan also includes a postpaid discount on each trip you book and pay Beam directly for.
In order to access these offers it is critical that new Beam users create a Google account with your ODIN PASS UQ email address to sign up to Beam. Existing Beam users that have an account under their phone number can simply change their email address to match their UQ ODIN PASS email. If you don't, the Beam benefits you have purchased will not be properly applied and you will need to contact us to resolve the issue.
You will still need to fill out your credit card details in the Beam app to pay for any penalty fees that may apply due to improper use, as per Beam's Terms of Service, however, you will not be charged directly by Beam for your monthly plan as this is included in your ODIN PASS plan - unless you exceed the 120 minute daily limit.
If you already have an active subscription with Beam, your new unlimited month pass (included with ODIN PASS) will not start until your current Beam pass expires.
NEW BEAM USERS
1. Open the Beam App, create an account using your Google account matching your UQ ODIN PASS email, followed by a SMS verification code.
2. Add a payment method for security purposes
As outlined by Beam, your payment method may incur a small authentication charge that will be reimbursed within 48 hours.
EXISTING BEAM USERS
1. Open the Beam App and tap the top-left menu (three horizontal bars)
2. Tap the cog on the bottom left and check your email is the same as your ODIN PASS (UQ) email
It is important that your email is verified. If you need to change the email address in Beam to be the same as your ODIN PASS account email, Beam will send you a new verification email. Please complete this verification step before purchasing any plans in ODIN PASS.
3. You are now ready to purchase a bundle in ODIN PASS. Go to the ODIN PASS subscription page in our app, and select one of the options.
7. If you have purchased a bundle including Unlimited Beam - your pass should show in the Beam app within 5 to 10 minutes. To check, open the Beam app, and if properly activated there will be a top bar stating "Universal Pass active" and the number of minutes remaining for that day.
9. Please ensure you DO NOT turn on 'auto-renew' in the Beam app, otherwise you will be automatically charged for the next month by Beam directly; ODIN PASS will not be able to refund this charge to you as it is processed outside our platform.
10. If the universal pass plan is not showing as active in Beam, and you have purchased an ODIN PASS bundle including Unlimited Beam, please confirm you have used the same UQ email in Beam as you have used for ODIN PASS.
If you have not, please change your Beam account email to be the same as your ODIN PASS email, and contact us ASAP as we will need to manually apply your unlimited pass in Beam. This only works automatically if your email is setup correctly before purchasing a bundle in the ODIN PASS app.
If you have any questions or are encountering problems, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org